Our GP will not be happening in 2019 but we look forward to bringing you news of our other events in due course.
Seven Springs Cycling Club are holding their annual Grand Prix race meeting on Sunday, July 9th, 2017. There will be various races run throughout the course of the day with the first races due to start at 10:00.
The race route remains the same as previous years and can be viewed on Strava by clicking here.
To get directions to the Start/Finish, please click here.
The total prize pool for the weekend’s races is over €1000!
Entry €15 (Underage races €5)
Please note that Cycling Ireland have confirmed that One day licences are not available from the end of March to the beginning of August and so won’t be available for this event.
The primary concern of the Club is the safety of the participants and that of the general public and we will make sure the event is run safely and successfully. To this end, we will be employing the following measures to safeguard the safety and comfort of participants and the public alike:
- The first races get underway at 10:00 and will be complete by 16:00
- The races will start and finish at The Village Theatre (Gate Lodge) in Carrabane.
- Parking facilities are being provided at Kilconieron GAA grounds where there will also be access to shower and changing facilities
- There is STRICTLY NO PARKING in the housing estate opposite Carrabane National School; marshals will be stationed here to make sure that this is enforced.
- All participants will be reminded that the event takes place on open roads. Marshals will be positioned at all junctions marked with a red dot on the map below and we would ask that all motorists please respect and obey their instructions.
- Racers will be accompanied by outrider cars and motorbike marshals
- Galway Civil Defence will be in attendance to provide First Aid
- This event is sanctioned by Cycling Ireland, Galway County Council and the Garda Traffic Corps. The organisers have met all the requirements set down by these bodies.
If you have any comments, concerns or queries you can contact us through the following:
Facebook: Seven Springs Cycling Club
The Committee of Seven Springs Cycling Club would like to take this opportunity to thank our neighbours and sponsors for their continued support and look forward to hosting another successful event.